For many nonprofits, A GivingTuesday Campaign is an opportunity to attract new donors and raise money for your organization.
Your GivingTuesday Campaign is a chance to promote your brand in front of a much larger audience. That means it’s time to get creative with your marketing strategies.
If your organization is participating in GivingTuesday on November 29, 2022, you’re probably wondering how you can market the event to attract more donors and more money. While you may have some tried-and-true methods, it doesn’t hurt to diversify your tactics.
Here are some tips for marketing your GivingTuesday campaign, to attract attention for your organization.
This GivingTuesday Guide will provide you with tips and steps to maximize your campaign.
|Download Now »|
- Social media: Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are great ways to get the word out about what you’re doing on GivingTuesday. Make sure that your website has links to all of your social media pages. We’ve created customizable Canva templates that allow you to add your logo and brand colors to make it easy to share with your audience.
- Email marketing: One effective way to get potential donors’ attention is by sending out an email blast with information about what you’re doing on GivingTuesday. Make sure to give instructions on how they can contribute if they want to participate. This will allow anyone who receives the email but doesn’t check Social Media regularly throughout the day to take part. You don’t want someone to miss out because they weren’t looking at their phone at exactly 11am Eastern time!
- Direct mail: While this may not be as popular as other forms of advertising these days, there’s still nothing quite like receiving something in snail mail. Direct mail makes its way right into someone’s hands.
- Local Media Outreach: Send a Press Release to your local media outlets including TV, radio, newspapers, and magazines. Make sure you tell them What GivingTuesday is, How people can get involved to support your organization, and What your organization does to make your community a better place. Include contact information, your logo, relevant photos, and a clear call to action with the link to your GivingTuesday Donation site.
Diversify Your Marketing Methods
It’s important to diversify your marketing methods. This can help you reach a wider audience and appeal to more people, which is especially important for a GivingTuesday campaign since the goal is to get as many people involved as possible. Diversifying your marketing methods also ensures that one method won’t be overwhelmed by another.
Below are examples of how you can diversify:
- Use #GivingTuesday Hashtags or create your own. Think of something that speaks to your mission and the Giving Season. Use that hashtag on EVERYTHING you do.
- Create Flyers that can easily be shared or posted in businesses.
- Use Text-to-Donate or QR codes to make access to your GivingTuesday page easier.
- Hold events at different times of day to appeal to people with different schedules. (e.g., Have a breakfast event in the morning to kick off the day. Host another event later in the evening for people who work during the day).
The GivingTuesday event has proven to be a great way for organizations to raise money and get the word out about who they are. If you are participating in #GivingTuesday, you need to attract attention to your cause. Greater Giving has created a Free GivingTuesday Guide and resources to help you unleash generosity this GivingTuesday. We hope these tips have given you some ideas for how to do just that!