Data exchange guide
Greater Giving’s Data Exchange is a feature built into Greater Giving Online. Use of the feature can be focused into two key areas; importing data before your event and exporting data after your event. The short video below shows more of how this works. While Event Software Online is the center of activity during the annual event, most nonprofits use some form of Donor Management Software (DMS) as a year-round long-term repository for all of their supporters. This topic tells you how to exchange key data between Event Software Online and the leading donor management CRM packages.
There are two major data exchange necessities:
1) Share supporter contact information 2) Record event purchases and donations, called gift information, in the donor management CRM. Greater Giving provides handy exports that make it easy to move essential data while avoiding duplicate data entry and the errors that can occur in manual data handling. The exchange of gift information includes key event information to the donor management CRM, while the more detailed event information history remains in Greater Giving.
Before the event:
Supporter Import (DMS to Event Software Online): The Supporter Import allows you to transfer your supporter information from the DMS database into the Event Software Online. This transfer populates the bidder, donor, and staff information in the Event Software Online and it brings over their ID number. The transfer can be executed multiple times if needed. Besides avoiding the duplicate data entry into Event Software Online, the Supporter Import is key by establishing the Alternate ID in Event Software Online. That ID is used to avoid duplicates in further Supporter Imports from donor management CRM and to identify information sent back to donor management CRM after the event.
During event and event wrap-up
All event activities are performed in Event Software Online, for example:
- Assigning bid number
- Tracking reservations and ticket sales
- Managing auction donations
- Creating packages to sell at the event
- Recording all donors and the auction items they donate
- Recording all payments from the event
- Creating bid sheets, catalog, runner sheets, bid cards, etc.
- Creating your auction-specific thank you letters to donors, staff, and guests
- Transferring all constituent and auction-specific data back into the DMS after the event sales and payments in Event Software Online so that no more amounts are due before moving to the next step.