How to Promote Your Event on Facebook
Whether or not you’re audience and donor-base are on Facebook, you should have an event listed for your fundraiser for three reasons: it’s easy to do, you open up an opportunity to gain access to millennials, and you have a place to further promote your brand. While creating it is easy and quick, you also must maintain it to a certain extent. We’ve compiled a step-by-step guide to creating your Fundraiser Facebook event with minimal effort and best practices:
- Make sure you’re logged into Facebook as your organization (you can toggle this in the top right corner of the page).
- Create a New Event
TIP: add quality images.
- Post on your organization’s page about the event.
TIP: Pin it to the top of your page: You’ll need to be an admin or editor to pin Page posts. To pin a post to the top of your Page’s Timeline: Go to the post on your Page’s Timeline, Hover over the top-right corner of the post and click, Select Pin to Top.
- Run a Facebook Ad targeting people in the event’s town or city, and include a link to the registration page.
- Promote the Facebook event to your email database and get people to RSVP there to help it pop-up in more newsfeeds – the more traffic the event experiences, the more people Facebook will promote to in your network.
- Promote the event on your blog or website homepage.
- Post on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest.
TIP: Create a Hootsuite account and spend two hours drafting posts to drive registrations that will be scheduled to go out periodically before the event date.
This should do it! We’d love to hear other ideas how people promote their events via Facebook or other social media networks.