Consumers today are more and more choosing businesses based on their level of social responsibility; and as a result resources and tools are now widely available to help businessess get on board.
This is great news for nonprofits. With so much public information available, you can really understand the challenges faced by corporations and find ways to partner with them so you both win.
Here are just a few of the resources available to help you get on the same page with your potential corporate partners and speak the same language. From Twitter feeds to book lists, there’s something here for everyone.
There are plenty of books about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Here are a few book lists to get you started.
- CSRWire – CSR Books includes books on sustainable investing, guidebooks on running a sustainable and ethical business, MBA guides, etc.
- Marketing Insider Group – The 10 Best CSR Books To Give As Gifts Or Read Over The Holidays
- MovingWorlds – 6 Must Read Books for a Career in CSR
- Questia – Social Responsibility: Selected full-text books and articles
Over the past couple decades, numerous organizations have formed to provide sustainability and CSR resources and tools for corporations. Some of these organizations are networks of corporations or CEOs, some provide valuable research and some host events to help corporations connect with each other and understand the issues better. For nonprofits, they are valuable sources of information and insight.
- BSR – Business for Social Responsibility – a global business network dedicated to sustainability, providing events, articles, research and collaborative projects.
- CSR International – a global institute for sustainability and social responsibility professionals, providing training, tools, accreditation and certification.
- GreenBiz – provides websites, events, peer-to-peer network and research at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability.
- International Institute for Sustainable Development – provides strategies and tools for practical, effective sustainability solutions.
- The CEO Force for Good – a CEO-led coalition founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman.
- The European Business Network for Corporate Social Responsibility – a network of businesses in Europe and beyond, that creates multi-stakeholder initiatives aimed at U.N. 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
News Sites and Blogs
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship – organization for CSR professionals, with a blog on best practices and engaging trends.
- CSRwire – corporate social responsibility and sustainability news, reports, events and information.
- Justmeans.com – online community and publisher of news about corporate social responsibility, sustainability, energy, health, education, technology and innovation.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review – thought-provoking articles for CSR professionals.
- Triple Pundit – global media platform covering the intersection of people, planet and profit.
Forums and Social Media
With so much attention focused on corporation’s responsibility to society, there’s plenty of news and resources available. What is your best source of information? Please share your favorites in the comments below.